A facility is a single, physical data center location. Each facility has its own facility code and available configurations called products. To get a list of available locations go to the dedicated server section of the Hivelocity Website and click filter by location.
You can also get a list of facilities by making a
GET request to /inventory/locations
curl -X 'GET' \ 'https://core.hivelocity.net/api/v2/inventory/locations' \ -H 'accept: application/json' \ -H 'X-API-KEY: $API_KEY'
Each core facility has a facility code consisting of three letters and a number. This code is used to specify the location for deployments. The letters of a location's facility code are derived from the closest airport's Airport Code. The number represents the order each facility was brought online in that city. Typically, this is the numeral
1 for locations with a single facility.
The codes of edge facilities are derived the same way as core facilities then prefixed with
The codes of 5G cell tower facilities are derived the same way as core facilities then prefixed with
|Atlanta, GA||ATL1||5G Cell Tower|
|Los Angeles, CA||LAX1||Core|
|Los Angeles, CA||LAX2||Core|
|Los Angeles, CA||EDGE-LAX1||Edge|
|New York City, NY|
|Pittsburg, PA||CELL-PIT1||5G Cell Tower|
|Salt Lake City, UT||EDGE-SLC1||Edge|
|San Jose, CA||EDGE-SJC1||Edge|
|Santa Clara, CA||EDGE-SFO1||Edge|
|Toronto Mississauga, ON||EDGE-YYZ2||Edge|
- Ashburn, VA
|London Gatwick, UK||EDGE-LGW1||Edge|
|London Heathrow, UK||EDGE-LHR1||Edge|
|London Slough, UK||EDGE-LHR2||Edge|
|Seoul, South Korea||EDGE-ICN1||Edge|
|Mexico City, Mexico||EDGE-MEX1||Edge|
|Johannesburg, South Africa||EDGE-JHN1||Edge|
In the control panel, you can see which facility your server lives in from the Devices section by looking at the Location ID column. This will display the facility code for the location.
You can also retrieve the facility information of your server by making a
GET request to the /devices/DEVICE_ID endpoint.
The stock of a product in a facility is dependent on the server parts supply chain and variations in demand. Hivelocity has built a robust supplier network to ensure rapid re-stocking, that said, the exact product stock in a facility will vary over time. When you deploy from our website, the inventory available in each facility is automatically filtered. If you are deploying servers through the API you must specify the facility code.
To check the available inventory of facilities, use the /inventory/product . Send a
GET request to see a complete list of facilities, product, and their stock.
curl -X 'GET' \ 'https://core.hivelocity.net/api/v2/inventory/product?location=MAIN&group_by=facility' \ -H 'accept: application/json' \ -H 'X-API-KEY: $API_KEY'
The stock responses for a product are one of the following:
- Available - There are plenty of servers available.
- Limited - There are servers available, but the stock is limited.
- Unavailable - Servers of a particular type and data center combination are not available.
The query arg
location can have the values:
- MAIN - A list of all traditional Instant and Custom Dedicated servers.
- OUTLET - A list of servers with older generation CPUs listed at a discount.
- GPU - A list of servers with GPU availability. If you need different GPU configurations email [email protected] and we can source GPUs for your particular workload.
The query arg
group_by can have the values:
- facility - will return the products grouped by the facilities in which they are available.
- cities - will return the products grouped by the cities in which they are available.
- flat - a flat list of products where each permutation of a product and facility is a individual item.
Updated 15 days ago